How to Report Child Abuse
Pennsylvania State Website
Report child abuse online using the Pennsylvania Child Welfare Information Portal.
Contact Our County Agency
You may call the Children and Youth Agency of the county where the abuse took place. In Fayette County call 724-430-1283 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., or use our online contact form. However, please note that email sent from our online contact form are only checked during normal business hours.
Urgent Calls After Hours
If this is an urgent matter outside of normal business hours, then call 724-430-1287.
If you are a mandated reporter you must call the 24-hour, toll-free Child Abuse Hotline (ChildLine) at 800-932-0313 and report your suspicions with as much of the following information as is available:
- Your name, business name, and phone number
- Names, addresses, phone number of the child and parents or other person responsible for the care of the child
- Age and sex of the subjects of the report
- Where the incident occurred
- Nature and extent of the abuse including prior abuse history of the child and siblings
- Name, address, phone number of the alleged abuser (perpetrator) and evidence of prior abuse by that person
- Family composition
- Actions taken by the reporting source
- Any additional information
If you are a physician treating a child whom you suspect has been abused, you are entitled to information regarding prior substantiated cases of abuse involving the child to assist you in determining if the need for protective custody exists.
You only need to have reason to believe that a child coming before you is an abused child to be required to report it. You do not need to know or have proof that abuse took place.