Resources for Individuals
Location and Scheduling for Covid-19 Vaccinations
If you are looking to schedule a Covid-19 vaccination, click here or scan the QR code provided.
You will be able to view all locations providing the vaccine of your choosing (Moderna, Pfizer, and/or Johnson & Johnson) within a 50 mile radius of your zip code. Select a location and schedule online.
COVID-19 Resources for Individuals
If you are having difficulty paying bills, rent, or other financial obligations due to the outbreak of COVID-19, there are several programs in place to assist individuals at the state, local, and county levels. Professional and volunteer organizations from all over are coming together to provide the support that many of us need during this difficult time. This page will serve as a one-stop shop for links to these resources. If you are experiencing a life or death emergency, please dial 911 immediately from any telephone.
If you believe you might have contracted the COVID-19 coronavirus, visit the PA Department of Health for a screening tool, advice, and a map of test sites throughout Pennsylvania.
Here is a map of test sites throughout the Commonwealth:
If you are having difficulty paying your rent or mortgage, please make note that the Pennsylvania Supreme Court has suspended all evictions statewide during the COVID-19 crisis.
Assistance Programs & Helpful Resources
- PA 211 Southwest - Offers information on food banks, shelters, rent and utility payment assistance, physical and mental health resources that may not be listed here. If you are not sure where to find help, dial 211.
- Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation - If you are out of work due to COVID-19, check your eligibility and apply for unemployment compensation here.
- Dollar Energy Fund - Provides assistance with energy bills to those facing financial hardship with funds from charitable donations, energy companies, and private industry.
- Pennsylvania Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) - Help for low-income families with energy assistance.
- Herald-Standard List of School Student Meal Schedules
- PA Food Bank Interactive Map - PA 211 has provided an interactive map with information on resources near you that can help keep your family food secure.
Mental Health Resources
If you are having any issues resulting in immediate danger to yourself or others, dial 911.
- PA Department of Health and Human Services Mental Health Support and Referral Helpline - Reach by phone at 1-855-284-2494 or TTY 724-631-5600
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-TALK or 1-888-628-9454 (SPANISH)
- Pennsylvania Crisis Text Line - Send a text to 741-741
- Chestnut Ridge Counseling Services - Offering open access -- no appointment necessary mental health telemedicine.
Opioid & Substance Abuse Resources
- Substance Abuse Disorder Hotline - 1-800-662-4357
- PA Department of Drug and Alcohol (DDA) Programs Press Releases - All of the information from the PA DDA are archived here.
Reliable COVID-19 News Sources
We recognize that many residents of Fayette County do not have access to cable and television broadcasts. Many of the major news networks are offering live streams of their broadcasts for no cost. As it is important to stay informed on the ever-changing nature of the COVID-19 situation, here are links to all four major networks live news streams:
Up-to-Date News Sources on the Web
All of the links contained here come from official sources, such as the PA Department of Health, Centers for Disease Control, Fayette County Emergency Management Agency, and FEMA. Rather than attempting to gather the overwhelming amount of information and republish it here, we recommend checking the following sources daily for the latest news, updates, and guidance:
- Pennsylvania Department of Health COVID-19 Home Page
- PA Department of Health Press Releases
- Pennsylvania Governor’s Office Press Releases
- FEMA Coronavirus Rumor Control
Reliable Social Media Sources
These are official federal, state, and county social media resources. Anybody claiming to be an official source that is not listed here should be double-checked. This is not an exhaustive list of official social media sources, but will be updated with new and informative sources regularly.