Shared Ride Service

Door to Door Transportation

Fayette Area Coordinated Transportation (FACT) Shared Ride service may be thought of as a bus service. FACT provides curb-to-curb transportation for Fayette County residents to anywhere in Fayette County. FACT provides door-to-door transportation for Medical Assistance Transportation Program (MATP) clients when medically necessary. 

FACT also offers limited transportation for medical appointments  to approved medical facilities in:

  • Allegheny
  • Somerset Counties
  • Washington
  • Westmoreland

Service Provided

FACT drivers will provide transportation if the client is present at the pick-up location and can depart the vehicle at the drop off point. FACT drivers are not personal care attendants. The Shared Ride and Fixed Route services are wheelchair accessible. 

The FACT drivers are not responsible to care for a client if no one is home.

If a client needs help getting to and from the pick up point, the client must make the necessary arrangements.

Schedule an Appointment

To schedule an appointment for transportation, call the FACT office Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.

You may call up to one month before your appointment date but no later than 2 p.m. of the working day prior to your appointment. 

Office Closed

The office is closed Saturdays and Sundays, and there is no transportation on the following holidays: 

  • New Year’s Day
  • Easter
  • Memorial Day
  • Independence Day
  • Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving Day
  • Christmas Day

Limited Space & Accommodating Other Clients

Shared Ride service is not a taxi, limousine or ambulance. Clients share the vehicle with others taking similar trips. You may need to adjust your travel times to accommodate other client’s schedules. Space is limited and can’t be guaranteed, and service depends on demand.

Rural Areas

In rural parts of the County, service is limited. Clients should be flexible about when they travel and on what route they are taking.

Able Users

Any Fayette County resident may use Shared Ride. All clients must pre-register for the service before requesting a trip.


The fare depends on the purpose of the trip and if any of our various sources fund it. Clients may be eligible for one or more funding programs.

Funding Sources

Some of the sources that provide funding for eligible county residents include:

  • Shared Ride Program for Senior Citizens Supported by the Pennsylvania State Lottery through a grant from the Department of Transportation and Southwestern Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging.
  • The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation pays for 85% of the fare for eligible Senior Citizens and Southwestern Pennsylvania Area Agency on Aging may sponsor a portion of the remaining 15% of the fare. Individuals aged 65 and older may use Shared Ride trips for:
    • Adult day care center
    • Banking
    • Discharge
    • Employment
    • Grocery shopping
    • Hospital/nursing home admittance
    • Pharmacy
    • Post office
    • Senior center
    • Social service agency
    • Visiting for immediate family members (spouse or children )Medical appointment
  • Medical Assistance Transportation Program-(MATP)