How do I change my child's last name?

If the biological father's name is on the original birth certificate and the child is younger than 5 years old, you can complete the information on the back of the birth certificate and send it to the Pennsylvania Vital Statistics located in New Castle, PA. For children over the age of 5, seek legal counsel.

Show All Answers

1. Where is the Prothonotary Office located?
2. How do I appeal a District Justice Judgment for money?
3. How do I appeal a License Suspension or Registration Suspension?
4. How do I get a satisfied lien off my credit report?
5. How do I get a lien off my credit report that is not mine?
6. What types of liens and judgments are filed in the Prothonotary Office?
7. How do I change my child's last name?
8. How do I apply for a passport?
9. What year do the Naturalizations Records start in your office?
10. Can I get a certified birth certificate in the Prothonotary's Office?