Fayette County Prison Project
The Fayette County Prison Project is the ongoing construction of a new county jail at 245 McClellandtown Road in Uniontown, Fayette County, Pennsylvania.
The new, 114,500-square-foot facility will replace the existing county jail, which was built in 1892.
- 170 precast concrete cells with 330 beds.
- Four stories (two floors with two mezzanines).
- Flexible housing for easier classification and segregation of inmates.
- Direct supervision management model with enhanced security and safety features.
- Programming and treatment space for inmate rehabilitation.
- Replica cell for in-house corrections officer training.
- Design-incorporated sustainable features.
- Potential for future expansion of an additional 68 cells and 132 beds.
Project Status: Construction Phase - July 2022
The Fayette County Prison Project is currently in the Construction Phase.
The facility will be located on the former site of the U.S. Army Reserve Center, which sat vacant since the early 2000s. Demolition of the existing structure and preparation of the site for construction was completed in May 2021.
The project's estimated completion date is January 2023, with the facility expected to be move-in ready by Spring 2023, and fully operational soon after.
- L.R. Kimball - prime; architecture; mechanical, electrical, plumbing and structural engineering; and demolition consulting.
- Colliers Engineering & Design and McMillen Engineering - Site and civil engineering and permitting.
- SiteLogIQ - Construction management.
- Professional Systems Engineering - Security and telecom services.
- McFarland, Kistler & Associates - Food and laundry services.
- Shallenberger Construction Inc. - Sitework construction.
- Nello Construction - General trades construction.
- Breckenridge Kitchen Equipment - Food service construction.
- Interstate Fire Protection Co. - Fire protection construction.
- Vrabel Plumbing LLC. - Plumbing construction.
- Hranec Mechanical - HVAC construction.
- Bob Biter Electrical Enterprises - Electrical construction.
- Canfield Development - Asbestos abatement.
- Ritenour & Sons - Demolition and site preparation. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
Recent press releases and fact sheets:
- Cell Block Casting Under Way For Prison Project
- Fayette County Prison Project Fact Sheet
- Fayette County Prison Construction Making Progress
- Construction Set to Begin on Fayette County Prison
- Fayette County Breaks Ground on New Prison
- Fayette Awards Demolition, Asbestos Contracts for New Prison
- Fayette County Receives Federal Loan for Prison Project
- Construction Manager Moving Prison Project Forward
- Fayette County Prison Project Moving Forward
Fayette County Prison Project Outreach
The Fayette County Community Relations Office is currently conducting project outreach for all county municipalities, as well as local service organizations and other interested groups. The outreach includes a brief presentation and opportunities for discussion about the ongoing Fayette County Prison Project.
For more information or to request an outreach presentation for your organization, contact Community Relations Coordinator Kaylie Moore at email@example.com or 724-430-1200, ext. 1611.