Apply for a Marriage License
You MUST call and make an appointment for applying for your marriage license
If you are traveling from another state you must notify our office when calling for an appointment. Our office is following Pennsylvania CDC guidelines in regards to traveling from other states.
**Please be aware our schedule is booking SEVERAL days out. You will not be able to make a same day appointment for marriage license application. Please call at least a week in advance from when you would like to apply for your marriage license.
To apply for a Marriage License:
- You must be over the age of 18
- If you are divorced, you must bring a copy of your divorce decree
- If your previous marriage was ended due to death you must bring a copy of the death certificate
When applying for a marriage license:
- Both parties must be present in front of the Register of Wills
- You must bring valid photo identification
The cost of a marriage license is $50 CASH ONLY
There is a 3 day waiting period once you apply for the license.
Marriage licenses are only good for 60 days.
In order to apply for a marriage license, both parties must appear in front of the Register of Wills before 3:30 p.m.
We are closed from 12-1 pm for lunch
Forms & Documents
- Authorized to Marry (PDF) - List of elected officials in Fayette County that are authorized to perform a marriage ceremony
- Disclaimer of Liability (PDF) - Regarding marriages in Pennsylvania
Certified Marriage license
If you need a certified copy of your marriage license:
Please print and fill out the application below.
Mail a check for $10 with the completed application above to
Register of Wills
61 East Main Street
Uniontown PA 15401
And we will return the certified marriage license to the address you provided