Apply for a Marriage License
To apply for a Marriage License:
- You must be over the age of 18
- If you are 16 to 17 years of age, you must have parental consent
- If you are divorced, you must bring a copy of your divorce decree
- If your previous marriage was ended due to death you must bring a copy of the death certificate
When applying for a marriage license:
- Both parties must be present in front of the Register of Wills
- You must bring valid photo identification
The cost of a marriage license is $50 CASH ONLY
There is a 3 day waiting period once you apply for the license.
Marriage licenses are only good for 60 days.
In order to apply for a marriage license, both parties must appear in front of the Register of Wills before 3:30 p.m.
We are closed from 12-1 pm for lunch
Forms & Documents
- Authorized to Marry (PDF) - List of elected officials in Fayette County that are authorized to perform a marriage ceremony
- Disclaimer of Liability (PDF) - Regarding marriages in Pennsylvania
Certified Marriage license
If you need a certified copy of your marriage license it is $10 cash, check or money order.
You can call ahead and we can have it ready for you or you can stop in our office within our normal business hours.
If you are not sure if you applied in Fayette County please call before coming into our office so we can verify it is here.
If you are out of state or unable to come to our office you can mail in a request for your marriage license with your marriage date, full name of husband and maiden name of wife with a payment of $10.