- Elected Officials
- Register of Wills
- Marriage Licenses
Apply for a Marriage License
**You MUST call and make an appointment to apply for your marriage license**
If you need a specific date or time to schedule an appointment to apply for your marriage license, please call at least a week in advance to insure you get the date and time you prefer. We can not guarantee the time you prefer will be available.
To apply for a Marriage License:
- You must be over the age of 18
- If you are divorced, you must bring a copy of your divorce decree
- If your previous marriage was ended due to death you must bring a copy of the death certificate
When applying for a marriage license:
- Both parties must be present in front of the Register of Wills
- You must bring valid photo identification
The cost of a marriage license is $50 CASH ONLY
There is a 3 day waiting period once you apply for the license.
Marriage licenses are only good for 60 days..
We are closed from 12-1 pm for lunch
The latest appointment is a 3:15pm appointment
Forms & Documents
- Authorized to Marry (PDF) - List of elected officials in Fayette County that are authorized to perform a marriage ceremony
- Disclaimer of Liability (PDF) - Regarding marriages in Pennsylvania
Certified Marriage license
If you need a certified copy of your marriage license:
Please print and fill out the application below.
APPLICATION FOR CERTIFIED MARRIAGE LICENSE
Mail a check for $10 with the completed application above to
Register of Wills
61 East Main Street
Uniontown PA 15401
And we will return the certified marriage license to the address you provided
*****If you need this for Duel Citizenship you MUST note that on the application as we need to enclose a copy of the application with the certified license*********