Clerk of Courts
The Clerk of Courts Office is dedicated to serve the citizens and the Courts of Fayette County by keeping up-to-date and accurate information and by maintaining the security and integrity of all criminal records entrusted to the office.
We strive to provide prompt, professional, and courteous service to all who contact our office while maintaining public trust in our part of the criminal justice system.
The Clerk of Courts is an independent public official, established by the Pennsylvania Constitution and elected by the people, with duties and responsibilities that are set forth in the laws of the Commonwealth.
The Clerk is a vital and integral part of the criminal justice system as the official filing office for the criminal division of the Court of Common Pleas.
All records, with the exception of records involving juveniles or child victims are open for public inspection. The Clerk of Courts staff are trained professionals; however, they are prohibited from giving any legal advice.
Effective May 10, 2021, we are live on PACFile!
We are now accepting credit and debit card payments in office! Click here for more information.
- Assessment, collection, and distribution of fines, costs and restitution
- Court Orders for all criminal matters
- License Suspension/Restoration Reporting
- Petition for Expungement
- Pre-Trial Motions
- Post-Trial Motions
- Preparing court commitments for state institutions after disposition
- Processing appeals to state appellate courts
- Processing bail
- Record all criminal case filings, including verdicts and sentences
- Reporting disposition of criminal cases to state agencies
- Seating a jury for service
- Taking a verdict after trial
- Waiver of Arraignment and Entry of Appearance
- Appeals of Summary Convictions from traffic and non-traffic violations
- Constable Applications/Appointments
- Filing of Waiver of Extraditions
- Liquor Control Board Appeals
- Maintenance of Road Dockets
- Petition for Forfeiture of Condemnation
- Petition for Return of Property
- Private Detective Applications and License Issuance
- Protection from Abuse Contempts
- Recording of tax collector bonds and reports