Other Issues

If the Absent Parent Does Not Live in Fayette County

When the absent parent resides in another county or state, the DRS will prepare a support complaint which will be referred to the court of the county or state where the absent parent resides. This other court has the authority to enter and enforce a support order. However, the procedure takes longer than when both parties reside in Fayette County.

Services Available to Custodial Parent (Plaintiff)

Services include:

  • Collection of past-due support through IRS intercept program
  • Consumer credit reporting
  • Driver's license revocation
  • Establishment of paternity
  • Liens and judgments
  • Parent location
  • Passport denial
  • Support order entry and enforcement

Other Issues

Problems such as property settlement, visitation and custody are not support enforcement issues, and by law, the child support enforcement program cannot extend its services to enforce court orders pertaining to them. A support order must be paid whether or not visitation or partial custody is being permitted by the custodial parent.

Where to Apply for Support

Any dependent spouse or custodian of a child may apply for support at The Domestic Relations Office:
22 E Main Street
Second Floor
Uniontown, PA 15417

Office hours are from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Complaints are taken from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. and from 1 to 3 p.m. No appointment is necessary.